US Green Building Council Awards SM Prime Holdings with another LEED Gold Certification
SM Prime Holdings, Inc. has proven yet again its commitment towards sustainability as the iconic Conrad Manila building, housing the internationally-awarded Conrad Manila as well as the upscale lifestyle destination S Maison, was recently conferred the Leadership for Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Certification.
“Making a positive impact in society with our environmental initiatives is at the core of our company’s values. The LEED Gold Certification is a great distinction for SM Hotels and Conventions Corp (SMHCC) as we continue to advocate sustainability and disaster resilience,” said SMHCC President Elizabeth Sy.
LEED certification, established by U.S. Green Building Council, is one of the world’s prestigious program for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings.
SMHCC, which serves as the hotel and convention center business unit of SM Prime, recognizes the growing importance of ecologically sound practices to support business growth, while at the same time preserving and protecting the natural resources. SMHCC is committed to lead the industry in minimizing the impact of its activities to the environment.
“SM Prime aims to pursue more opportunities to adopt sustainable solutions and to develop properties of the highest quality,” said SM Prime Executive Committee Chairman Hans Sy.
Some of Conrad Manila’s sustainable investments include:
- Water infrastructure and technology for water consumption
- Carbon emission (CO2) reducing materials made from non-volatile organic compound (VOC) which paints, coatings, adhesives and other external materials
- Local materials used for energy saving during the construction process
- Recycling construction waste materials
- Bicycle facilities
- Occupancy sensors that automatically switch off lights and reduce ventilation rates in unoccupied rooms
- Insulated glass to keep heat and noise out
SM Prime Holdings, Inc. is one of the largest integrated property developers in Southeast Asia that offers innovative and sustainable lifestyle cities with the development of malls, residences, offices, hotels and convention centers.